The concept of this emergency clinic originated with Ocala veterinarians who created the Pet Emergency Treatment Service Corporation (PETS) in 2012. In a unique collaboration, the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine and PETS joined forces to serve pet owners in the Marion County region. The purpose of the clinic is to bridge the gap during time periods when veterinarians’ offices are typically closed. Our goal is to provide a caring, compassionate environment for critically ill animals and their families.
Our founding hospitals:
- Blue Run Veterinary Practice
- Brick City Cat Hospital
- Camelot Animal Hospital
- Companion Animal Clinic
- Country Oaks Veterinary Clinic
- Dunnellon Animal Hospital
- Inverness Animal Hospital
- Lecanto Veterinary Hospital
- Live Oak Animal Clinic
- Magnolia Animal Hospital
- Maricamp Animal Hospital
- Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital
- Ocala Veterinary Hospital
- Paddock Park Animal Care Center
- Paws Animal Hospital
- Rainbow River Animal Hospital
- Shady Road Veterinary Clinic
- Southwest Ocala Veterinary Hospital
- Town & Country Animal Hospital
Working closely with veterinary hospitals in the Ocala area, PETS is open from 5pm – 8am on weekdays and all day weekends and holidays to provide immediate emergency treatment for your pets. The PETS clinic is centrally located to area veterinary hospitals. Care is performed by emergency trained veterinary clinicians and technicians.
Our goal is to provide a caring, compassionate environment for critically ill animals and their families.
Read more about the University of Florida Veterinary Hospitals.